We’re seeking an experienced attorney to join our team and take leadership responsibility for negotiating and finalizing contracts, with a focus on clinical trial agreements for Geron’s clinical studies. Reporting to the Vice President, Legal, the successful candidate will have substantial experience negotiating all manner of business contracts, including global clinical trial agreements, and will be able to work with internal and external stakeholders to bring clinical contracts to closure expediently. S/he will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter capable of working independently, and will enjoy the thrill of supporting the advancement of clinical stage product candidates. This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position is a contract for a one-year period, starting Q4 2019 through Q4 2020, and may be extended as the project requires.
The successful candidate will provide thoughtful legal support to Geron’s clinical operations team, and may draft, review, negotiate, and amend a wide range of contracts in support of clinical activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, negotiate, and amend contracts in support of the company’s clinical development programs;
- Review and comment on Informed Consent Forms
- Implement data privacy laws and requirements in clinical trial contracting
- Support Geron’s clinical operations team
- Establish contracting parameters and procedures to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of high quality agreements compliant with company policies;
- Advise stakeholders on contract terms, interpretation and implications, dispute resolution and legal and business risk mitigation;
- Provide legal review of informed consents and related clinical documents
- Manage Geron’s contracts management system, and monitor metrics related to legal contracting at Geron;
- Think strategically about Geron’s approach to clinical contracting and spearhead continuous process improvements
Required Skill Set
The ideal candidate will be an experienced attorney with excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry. The following background is strongly preferred:
- 10+ years legal experience; at least 5 years direct experience negotiating contract, including clinical trial agreements
- JD required; licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team; a self-starter
- Able to prioritize and respond quickly to changing needs
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Personable and able to interact positively with study site personnel and external parties