Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to information and data collected or received by Geron through your use of the Site, and not by any other means. Geron is not responsible for the actions of third-party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information or data you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Information of Data Controller section of this Policy.
INFORMATION AND DATA WE COLLECT
Examples of information and data we may collect from you include:
- Data that are collected automatically (such as IP Address, your device's operating system, your Internet service provider and location, browser type and language, and website content you access);
- information about the date, time and duration of your visit;
- Identifiers that are used to identify your mobile device such as your unique device ID (persistent/non-persistent), hardware type, medial access control ("MAC") address;
- Personal information that you volunteer (such as name, email address, phone number, address and social security number) or provided by you when you subscribe to an e-mail alert, share a page, fill out a form, or apply for a job (including information in a resume or CV you may submit with a job application).
We use technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts, and tags to identify a user's computer/device and to store information about your visit. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information, such as your user ID, for purposes such as improving the quality of our Site and making the Site easier to use. You can disable cookies at any time, although you may not be able to access or use features of the Site.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
Geron's first goals in using information are to improve our Site, contact you, conduct marketing and research and create reports for internal use. We and/or our third-party contractors or service providers store information on servers located in the United States and may store information on servers in other countries. In addition, any of the personally identifiable information we collect from you may be used for purposes such as:
- To provide you with investor, media or other materials that you requested;
- To send you copies of our press releases or other information that you requested; or
- To contact you.
We use information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our Site;
- Respond to your comments and questions; and
- Deliver information to you.
European Union Users
Data protection law in Europe requires a "lawful basis" for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, employment laws require us to retain records of information related to employment applications.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Site secure.
We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we provide through the Site.
WEBSITE AND DEVICE INFORMATION
While you are browsing our website, your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language and referring Web site addresses may be logged automatically. We may use this information to monitor, develop and analyze your use of the Site.
Our Site includes links to third-party sites that may collect information about you, such as your IP address, and collect cookies or other information. The third parties may have access to and collect data and information about you, such as your device identifier, MAC address, IMEI, locale (specific location where a given language is spoken), IP address, application usage, access and session times, applications present on the device or in use at a particular time on the device, for the purpose of providing their services, including, for example, enabling, providing and delivering advertising as described in further detail below.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE THE DATA WE COLLECT TO THIRD PARTIES
Geron does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- Geron may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples of these services include analyzing data and providing business support. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for Geron.
- Geron may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Right of access
You have a right to know what information we hold about you and, in some cases, to have the information communicated to you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know that you wish to exercise your right of access and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information, and the law permits us to charge a fee for exercising this right of access. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to tell you why. We will try to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe
Right to correct personal information
Should you realize that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us using the information below and we will correct it as soon as we can, if doing so is reasonably technically possible.
In some circumstances you have a right to have some of the personal information that we hold about you deleted, if we are reasonably able to do so. Should you wish to have any information about you deleted, please contact us using the information in the section titled Contact Information of Data Controller below. Where we delete personal information about you, we may still retain some or all of that information for other purposes such as maintaining financial records, protecting or enforcing legal rights, or for technical reasons such as maintaining technical security or our database integrity. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form.
Geron takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Site in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems.
Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain your information for as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Site. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that these countries and jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction, and we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to enable transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our data and information privacy practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
149 Commonwealth Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94024
Attn: Legal Department
If you have any questions or concerns about our data privacy practices, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: August 22, 2018